PressDisplay has changed to PressReader
Library PressDisplay has been upgraded and has changed its name to PressReader.
PressReader gives current Timaru District Libraries members free same day access to thousands of newspapers from around the world, as well as local newspapers like The Timaru Herald and most New Zealand newspapers such as The Press and The New Zealand Herald. The newspaper articles, pictures, crosswords, birth, and death notices are arranged and appear just as they do in the print versions. Each newspaper issue is held in the PressReader database for 90 days.
PressReader also provides access to a variety of New Zealand and international magazines like the New Zealand Woman’s Weekly, New Zealand House & Garden, New Zealand Classic Car, Top Gear, Vogue, BBC History Magazine and many more.
Not sure if you are a current member of the Timaru District Libraries, give us a ring on 03 687 7202.
To access PressReader on your PC or Mac, laptop, tablet, and smartphone:
- On the Timaru District Libraries website click on PressReader.
- Put in your library card number and password.
- You will connect through to the Timaru District Libraries PressReader HotSpot.
- Now you will be able to search for your favourite publications and read them.
- If you have a problem, or don't know your pin/password then give us a ring on 03 687 7202 and we will help you.
To use PressReader:
- When you first open PressReader you are presented with the top stories, from the latest publications, in your location e.g. New Zealand. Scroll right across the screen and more news stories will appear. Click on a story to open the full article.
- Click on the menu symbol, at top left of the screen, to search for publications by country, language, category (e.g. animals and pets) or type of publication.
- Within countries, once you have selected a country e.g. New Zealand you will get the option to select by region e.g. Canterbury, and then you can select by title e.g. The Timaru Herald.
- Or you can click on the magnifying glass icon at the top right of the screen, to search for titles or topics. Click on the publication you want to read. You may need to click on an article or pinch to zoom in and out of articles.
- Click on the threedots, top right corner of the screen, to:
- Translate your article into one of 16 languages.
- Listen to the article.
- Change or increase your font.